So this past weekend was the huge Cleveland Greek Festival. No we didn’t go to it but it was all over the media as it usually is Memorial Weekend. So that inspired me to make some Greek food for dinner this week (and also I still have a left over eggplant from the weekend with the fam). We love everything about Greek food so I thought Greek Goulash by Rachel Ray would be a great recipe to try out! It is really healthy with all the yummy eggplant and spinach so it definitely compliments our diet. I liked that it has cinnamon in the recipe, which you really taste a hint of when eating this. The toasted pitas are a MUST for this recipe…it really adds a crunch and a salty flavor! I ate the leftovers for lunch yesterday and had it with tortilla chips which tasted great! So if you don't have time for the pita then use tortilla chips!
Some alterations to the recipe:
Orzo - I used spiral pasta noodles instead of orzo. We have TONS of pasta at home and I did not want to buy ANOTHER box of pasta.
Spice - This recipe definitely needs some spice…I added chili powder. Next time I may use Sriracha sauce.
Garlic and Onions - I also added waaay more garlic and onions than the recipe called for because we love the combo of both!
Oregano & Basil – I used fresh Oregano which I should have used more than 2 sprigs. I also threw in some fresh Basil which was great!
Vegetarian alteration – this recipe really doesn’t need any meat, so if you don’t want to throw it in, you don’t need to!
Some alterations to the recipe:
Orzo - I used spiral pasta noodles instead of orzo. We have TONS of pasta at home and I did not want to buy ANOTHER box of pasta.
Spice - This recipe definitely needs some spice…I added chili powder. Next time I may use Sriracha sauce.
Garlic and Onions - I also added waaay more garlic and onions than the recipe called for because we love the combo of both!
Oregano & Basil – I used fresh Oregano which I should have used more than 2 sprigs. I also threw in some fresh Basil which was great!
Vegetarian alteration – this recipe really doesn’t need any meat, so if you don’t want to throw it in, you don’t need to!
1 comment:
i am loving this recipe thing. i can just follow along instead of trying to come up with random food to make all the time. anjali
Post a Comment