So this weekend was pretty beautiful and warm here so I decided to make something to cool us down! We have 3 left over avocados from the past weekend so I decided to try this avocado soup.
This soup was super easy and delicious!!! It is really healthy with all fresh ingredients! It really has a spicy kick with the jalepeno pepper! Yummy!
I found this recipe on Epicurious but in reading the reviews I knew this could turn out great or really bad. I guess it depends on the ripeness of your avocados.
The soup is pretty heavy. I got filled up with 1/2 a bowl. Akhil was starving since he just came home from Vegas so he ate 2 bowl fulls!
There are somethings that I did modify in the recipe.
- I did not use any sour cream because I ran out during brunch; the soup is pretty creamy as it is, so I won't use it next time
- Instead of a serrano chile, I cut up a jalepeno with the seeds. It was spiiicy!!
- I did not make the cilantro oil because I forgot to buy cilantro and I didn't feel like going back to Hienens
- I did not cut up a second avocado for mellon balling. This is purely for a great display and since this was just for us, I didn't want to go through all of that. If I make this for friends then I will definitely do the melon balls.
3 comments:
Utake good food pictures!
i am going to try this tomorrow night:) anjali
i am going to try this tomorrow night:) anjali
Post a Comment