Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Remains of Hurricane Ike.

On Sunday night we had a super crazy windstorm. It was a bit scary looking out the window to see the trees waving back and forth at a near right angle. I thought for sure one would end up through the middle of our house. Our patio chairs and flower pots were flying all over the yard...I felt bad for the flowers and I also felt bad for how much time I have spent keeping them healthy! Luckily the winds calmed down before bedtime so I was able to go to bed. I was quite scared to go to bed and awaken to something soaring through our window and then my head to end up decapitated, all right on my pillow!

Akhil was enjoying the windstorm as a much as Mary Poppins enjoys them...he was hanging out at the Browns game. He toughed it out like a boyscout in the wind and rain to see them lose (as usual).

Well most of Cleveland has been out of power since Sunday night but somehow we ended up on the lucky part of town. We lost power for a few hours on Monday which was fine with me because I was at work and Akhil was at home (recovering from the weekend of loses) with nothing to do! haha! It was only out for 2-3 hours. By the time I came home everything was all good! Many people are still without power including Akhil's mom who hasn't had power since Sunday...yikes!


Here are some pics of property damage here. (courtesy of the cleveland.com)



No comments: