Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Asian Noodle Salad


This salad is by far one of the best salads I have ever had! I mean it!!! The dressing is amazing and the mix of vegetables have such a great flavor. I was excited to go the farmer's market this afternoon to get all my ingredients and boy was my bag heavy! I felt like a mule walking with a heavy bag on my back. Now I know what those guys feel like! I came back to my office all hot and sweaty in this 85 degree weather! Not so great. I guess it made people happy that I turned off BOTH space heaters that I have running at all times!


I must warn you this salad makes ALOT but its soo good, it doesn't matter!
I can't wait to eat this for lunch the rest of the week! Yay!!!


Asian Noodle Salad

1 package linguine noodles, cooked, rinsed, and cooled
1/2 to 1 head sliced Napa cabbage
1/2 to 1 head sliced purple cabbage
1/2 to 1 bag baby spinach
1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
1 orange bell pepper, sliced thin
1 small bag bean sprouts
3 sliced scallions
3 peeled, sliced cucumbers
chopped cilantro—up to one bunch (I didn't put this in because I don't like cilantro)
1 can whole cashews, lightly toasted in skillet (must have!!!)


DRESSING:
Juice of 1 lime
8 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons sesame oil
6 tablespoons soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
2 cloves chopped garlic
2 hot peppers or jalapenos, chopped
chopped cilantro

Mix together salad ingredients. Whisk together dressing ingredients and pour over salad. Mix with tongs or hands and serve on platter.


*Dressing keeps up to three days before serving without cilantro

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this may look good, but i think it is better without the sauce (although i do hate soy)